Ok, cool. Now, on with the meme!
- Mention the person who nominated you (above).
- List six unimportant things that make you happy
- Tag six blogs, state the rules & notify them with a teeny comment on their blog.
And without further ado, here is my list of six awesome things that make me happy…
1) Sewing… Seriously. I know that sewing machines can be kind of expensive, but making stuff is awesome. I’m not exactly a seamstress, though I have been known to make a sexy retro-style full skirt or two. I’m actually more of a crafter, really. My specialty is funny little bags, pouches, and laptop sleeves.
2) Meg Cabot… Damn, I love that woman. I’ve read a lot of her books for teens and also a bit of her stuff for grown folks, but (like her cat, Fat Louie) my heart will always belong to Mia Thermopolis.
3) My new iron… Yeah, I’m a nerd. But seriously, I sew a lot and have been making do with an old, not-so-fancy iron without adjustable steam and what-not. I know it sounds really weird, but I think I might be BFFs with my fancy new green iron.
4) The hawk that lives in my neighborhood… It made its nest in one of the really tall trees nearby. When the weather is good and the scary bees aren’t out, I sit outside on the back patio and see it flying around sometimes, being all awesome and hawk-like. I call him Jeremy.
5) Family Guy and South Park… Yeah, I’m cheating a little bit since that’s two things. But don’t ask me to choose!
And last, but not least…
6) My husband… Ok, definitely not pointless thing, but certainly someone who makes me laugh my arse off every day of the week.
Yeah, that last part was mushy and not at all snark-like. 🙂 I still need to tag six blogs, but that shall come soon.